Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I feel a revolution coming on.

I've had enough of the purse. Not any purse in particular, purses in general. I don't like shoulder bags because they always seem to slip off my shoulder. I've had a few handbags, which always seem to end up in the crook of my elbow, unzipped, mashing into parked cars. A clutch is pretty much out of the question.

My problem is that I pack around a lot of crap. Books, paperwork, mail, magazines, pop, medication, yarn, ponytail holders, camera... all these things are presently in a large messenger bag. Sometimes, I pack delicious lunchmeat. I also need my essentials: phone, wallet, a pack of gum, keys, and a woman product or two every once in a while. I get frustrated when I have to dig through the non-essentials to find my keys or gum.

The only solution I have come up with is a main small bag, which is presently medium size messenger bag (too big) which I tuck into one of three larger bags depending on where I am going. The messenger bag for work, a large tote for weekend outings, or a backpack for hands-free weekend outings. The main bag holds the essentials: keys, wallet, phone, gum.

What I need is a smaller small main bag. Maybe not a purse. Perhaps a pouch of some sort. I think the difference between a purse and a pouch is that a pouch has no straps. The difference between a pouch and a clutch is that a pouch is not the stupidest thing ever invented.
I am going to think on this pouch idea and perhaps revolutionize the way we haul our crap around.

2 comments:

  1. I have the perfect purse for you. You can tighten up the straps and sling it around your waist.

    http://www.rei.com/outlet/product/792856

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if this would help, it's similar to your idea. I use 2 or 3 small pouches (think small cosmetic bags/ change purse size), and divide stuff into them. When I change purses, need to grab something quick, or just want to find things it's a bit more accessible. One for change/bills, one for lip gloss/makeup/female items/gum. Then there is my wallet, keys and phone in outside pockets. The View ladies passed on the idea. I knew they were good for something.

    ReplyDelete