Saturday, October 10, 2009

It's a Dumb Thing.

Martha Stewart has her Good Things...the Crazy Blog Lady has Dumb Things. Dumb Things are all around us. Many times we let fashion magazines convince us that Dumb Things are cool things, like legwarmers, clutch purses, and kitten heels. Everywhere I look, I see Dumb Things, and people who need to be told what Dumb Things are. So, as a public service, I shall use my tube to point out the most egregious of these Things.
This week, I came across a crochet pattern for a water bottle carrier. I can't figure out why anyone would need one. Is there a woman who needs more stuff hanging off her shoulder? Are there men who want to have the purse experience without the purse? Do we need to strap our bottled water to ourselves to prevent thieves from making off with it? No, we don't.

The water bottle carrier: It's a Dumb Thing.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a great idea for a continuing theme. I have one for you to check out: the 'grooler". It is part grill and part cooler, for $125. Google it.

    ReplyDelete