Thursday, October 29, 2009

I forgot!

I have been making a daily post to my blog every day since April,without fail, unless I am out of town. Last night I forgot all about it, and here is why:

Every morning, I make a plan. I check my Google calendar, which I couldn't live without, to see if I have any girl scout stuff or ESA stuff or soccer stuff or library books due and what bills I need to pay. Then, I think about what is going to happen after school/ work: How is my daughter getting home from school? How long will we be home in the evening- do we have somewhere to be? What shall we eat for dinner? And recently I have had to add my television programs to the equation.
So last night, my plan was to do my blog before Glee.
But, no Glee, due to the World Series. My whole plan unraveled. I got sucked into reruns of The Office, and the The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, and I went to bed early at 9:00.
I totally forgot to blog. Weird. Usually, it nags at me.

Anyway. Tonight I am going to a kickoff party for NaNoWriMo writers in this area. I'll get to meet other people who will be writing novels in November. I am going to take the camera and high expectations that I will meet creative people that inspire me and that like to be photographed. I am also going to keep my ears open for good words. I need to enrich the old vocabulary, I think. If you hear any, let me know. This morning, I heard "jingoist." It's a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment