Sunday, October 25, 2009

Things I Learned this Week: Zombies on the Loose Edition





This week was a humdinger for learning things. I'll get right to it.

* I learned about Science Bowl. Honestly, last week I had no idea what it was all about.

* I learned that people with seasonal allergies should eat local honey.



* I learned discovered that there are a number of condiments. like Bragg's Liquid Aminos, that I had no idea about. Which reminds me of this:

* I learned just how big the universe is. Okay, I have no idea exactly how big it is, but I learned that it is a heck of a lot lager than I ever imagined. The link goes to a video that explains how the Hubble telescope captured images of galaxies outside our own, and how scientists used those images to produce an incredible 3D image of a piece of the universe. Prepare to be humbled.

* I learned that Powell's City of Books is just a little bit smaller than that.Madison at Powell's

* I learned that Buffalo Exchange is just a stinky, crowded second hand store. Sometimes the things I learn are disappointing.

* I learned that Canadians call their jeans "skinnies", and everyone there wears thong underwear. At least that's what I heard from a reliable source.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love the Pearl District? When I grow up, that is where I want to live - in a condo with free parking.

    ReplyDelete