Friday, October 23, 2009

I like winter. This picture cracked me up.

I am pretty excited for tomorrow. It's the last soccer game of the season, and then after that I am taking my daughter to meet my friends from high school Heather and Erica. We are going to have lunch and then go to Powell's. I, myself, have never been to Powell's. Madison has been on a tour of PDX, and they have a Powell's there, so she has been to a Powell's, but not the Powell's, City of Books. The lady at the PDX Powells told her that they have Webkinz at the big store so Madison is excited for that.
Then, I think we will complete our hipster afternoonin the Pearl at Buffalo Exchange, which is like Play it again Sports for clothes, I guess. We'll see.

At tonight's Girl Scout meeting, the girls got to learn how to light a match and stick lighter, and then light a candle and use the flame to fuse the ends of a length of polyester rope. It was review for most of the girls, but one of them had never lit a match before in her life. This was her second meeting. If you ever need to entertain a group of 10-14 year olds, give them fire and let them stick stuff in it. Magic.

1 comment:

  1. There must be something about fire that appeals to humans on the deepest level. I have seen people into their sixty's mesmerized by it...even without beer.

    ReplyDelete