Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I've spent the better part of a month wasting my time.

For a month or so, I have been trying to come up with a good plot for my novel. I have scrapped a few ideas because they are just too weird. Well, the standard for "too weird" has just been lowered.
Read this article all the way through... It's the story of a man who stabs his girlfriend's fish to win her love. The story gets better and better and better as the story unfolds. If I had made up such a cockamamie tale, I would have almost immediately dismissed it as too crazy.

I guess I am just not crazy enough.

3 comments:

  1. Do you think his nose is that shape because she whacked it into that position?

    I love how they explained that he ripped out her hair extensions and they actually considered banning him from contact with the fish.

    Yep, you're not crazy enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, that is one crazy nose, for sure.

    Memorial fish tattoo. Who does that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. it must have been a slow news day - and a slow court day. I can't imagine why anyone wasted 2 minutes on this couple. Did you read the comments? Lots of people are outraged because he didn't get prison time.
    It sounds like you could get some pretty good story ideas from the paper.

    ReplyDelete