Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Crazy Bee Swarm of DOOM!


This may come as a surprise to regular CBL readers, but I have been having a wee bit of difficulty coming up with interesting things to wrote about. I blogged about a pot, for Pete's sake.

This morning was no different than most, I asked myself aloud what I planned to write about on my way to work. I got to work, still no good answer.

Noon, nothing. Haiku?

By 2:30, I am thinking I need a new "weekly feature". At least I have direction on Sundays and Mondays. How about "Ask the Crazy Blog Lady" or.... or what?

3:30, the phone rings. Spencer is home, and there is a swarm of bees in my driveway! Hooray, I can write about the bees. I bet bees are fascinating. I send him out to take lots of pictures.
Madison sends me an email: "We have a MAT OF BEES at our house!"

I skip out of work a few minutes early. What do you do with a driveway full of bees? Call the police? Not me. I call my mom. Mom says to call a beekeeper, who will be happy to come get the bees. She's so smart.

By the time I get home, the bees are dispersing. There are only about 50 left at 4:30, and they are just lumping together. The lump seems to be getting smaller, so we decide not to call the beekeeper.

The bees were all gone by 6:00. Here are some pictures. Spencer says they were more impressive when they were in the air. I would have had a better story to tell if we would have called the cops.

Maybe next week.... FICTION!


4 comments:

  1. Watch out - the locusts and grasshoppers are next, followed by the red crabs and tarantula brigade...

    It's kinda like Y2K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW! I am totally going to stock up on ammo and Benadryl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mom? i'm your daughter and what is the benadryl for? -madison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Benadryl is an antihistamine, good for itchy bee stings.

    ReplyDelete