Friday, May 1, 2009

Is this how Mischa Barton feels at Sundance?



This morning, I headed to Eugene. My cousins and I are going to be Eugene marathon participants- we are walking/ running the 5k tomorrow. Since the race starts at 8, I thought it would be a good idea to pick up our packets today, to save time in the morning and allow for an additional half hour of sleep. I arrived at the Eugene Hilton for the "Race Expo". "Expo" means "room with vendors". I collected our bib numbers and timing chips, and was directed to proceed to the goody bag line. Our goody bags were reusable grocery bags filled with samples. The t-shirt table was clear across the room, past all of the vendors. The vendors had lots of healthy samples and good things to drink. There were many electrolytes. I wouldn't say that the folks at the booths forced their goods on me, but they were pretty insistent that I not walk by empty-handed. I made my way through the expo, got our t-shirts, and headed to Corvallis for the next leg of my trip: the grocery store.
Corvallis has two grocery stores that I love, Winco and the co-op. Albany has neither. I try to make it to Corvallis for every-other grocery shopping trip. Today, I couldn't think of anything that I needed at the co-op, but I had Madison with me, and she likes it there, so we decided to go. I remembered that the North store was recently remodeled, and we hadn't seen it yet, so we decided to pay them a visit.
The co-op was having a party to celebrate the completion of their expansion. They had music, free food, and tons of free samples. On top of that, everyone got a coupon for a free flower at the next-door garden store. So, we went to the garden store to get our free flower. Guess what? They too, were having a party! Schmidt's Nursery is 50 years old today, and to celebrate, they gave me a bag of dirt!

Here is a list of what I brought home:
Grocery bag, deodorant, Clif shots, Larabar, Clif drink mix, bag, water bottle, bottle of Nestle Quik, bottle of Vitamin Water, a wooden spoon, samples of: dog food, chips, Pirate's Booty, Tings, 8 bags of tea, allergy medicine, kids chewable vitamins, sea salt, dishsoap, Dr Bronner's bar and liquid soap, a dahlia, and a bag of dirt.

I don't know what this all means... I didn't learn a life lesson, and I can't give anyone advice about swag. It's just my story of a odd day. Maybe the universe wants me to try new things?

No comments:

Post a Comment