Sunday, May 17, 2009

Things I learned this week


This week, I took the Girl Scout troop to camp. Here is Madison, stamping an anonymous birthday card for a Meals on Wheels recipient. I learned some things, too... like:

* Two sleeping bags is the way to go. I simply can't tolerate being cold. A friend told me about a time that she slept in a bag in a bag, and how warm she was. I tried it, and I am a believer! I used a mummy bag inside a lightweight rectangle bag, and I was one warm turducken.

* There are infinite versions of "Found a Peanut," since it seems to be perfectly acceptable to make up replacement verses if you can't remember the ones you learned.

* Turkeys can fly. Our camp had a resident group of turkeys, and they flew from one side of the lake to the other. I was not the only one surprised by this.

* A group of turkeys is called a rafter, although a gang is also an acceptable name.

1 comment:

  1. Oh the 'Found a Peanut' song...it's really been so long.

    I hope you had a great time! good idea on the bag in a bag - it sounds really claustrophobic to me...

    ReplyDelete