Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I become a music video producer.

Tonight I attended Madison's Spring Concert. I have bitched a little about her school in the past, but I have nothing to offer but effusive praise for the music department. The school's music director, Mrs. Buchert, is a phenom. She directs 4 bands, a choir, and a bell choir. She is an educator. She has a passion for music, and a gift for sharing it.
I am so proud of Madison. She enjoys playing her clarinet, and she does fairly well. This term, she joined the bell choir, which Mrs. Buchert tried to start last year after the chimes were donated to the school, but had to give up for lack of interest. The bell choir performance was beautiful. Here is a picture of Madison and her friend Savannah playing their bells:


After the bell choir, Madison performed with the beginning band. This is when I had the bright idea to try the "video" feature on my camera. I'll be darned, it worked! I am sad that I didn't think to use it for the bell choir performance.
Here is a video. Now, don't get bored... watch it all the way through, and pay attention to the kid in the back.





Unfortunate, but funny in a middle school way.

Finally, all the bands (beginning, intermediate, varsity, and jazz) combined into the Memorial Middle School marching band, and played Land of 100 Dances. It was really good. Here is another video, I wish the audio was better- you'll have to trust that the defects are in the camera, not the band.


4 comments:

  1. MORE COWBELL!

    Omg, that first video is hysterical. I really think you need to go for the 10g's on America's Funniest Home Videos. Seriously. Get together with his mom and get that video on there.

    Those were great videos! I love a good drumline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mom. correction: hysterical. and it not land of 100 dances, silly. it land of 1,000 dances. big difference. love ya,mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't correct your mother unless you are bringing perfect grammar, missy. I think the word you are looking for is "it's". Also, mix in a capital.
    Love ya.
    Oh yeah- I am the Original Grammar Nazi. (that's OG)
    You have a lot to learn, grasshopper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mom, I understand what you mean, but Grammar NAZI! What,do you go around killing people with incorrect grammar. over and out, miss grammar.

    ReplyDelete