Sunday, May 31, 2009

Things I learned this week


No ,the "test comment post" wasn't my post for today. One of the things I learned this week was that one regular CBL reader has trouble getting the comments to work. I believe that situation has been corrected.

Other things I learned:

* Not all high school graduations are a travesty. Here is a story about a good one.

* I learned about the rare phenomenon called "circumhorizontal arc"... because we saw one on our way to Eugene today.


* I have been presented with the opportunity to learn how far I will go to be "green" and save money. My daughter came home from school Friday with a energy efficiency kit, which included a thermometer to measure the temperature of the hot water (way too hot), two CFLs, and a low flow shower head. Also included was a workbook that she needed to fill out and turn in. In order for her to receive full credit, we had to install the shower head.
Our old shower head used 3 gallons per minute, according to her calculations. The new shower head uses 1/2 gallon per minute. So I am barely getting wet in there. It's difficult to rinse my nether regions, not to mention my thick, luxurious hair.
I had just about thrown in the proverbial towel, when I looked in the tub to see how much water had accumulated during my 10 minute shower- not even an inch. I am not sure I can hang in for the long haul...

5 comments:

  1. Ugh - a low flow shower head really sucks. I think it's the one thing you can't skimp on. I mean, I can do low flow toilets and I'll turn off the water when I brush my teeth...what I will not do is compromise my shower pressure.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dream house will have a water collection system on the roof, and a solar water heater, so I can take long, hot, off-the-grid showers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. madison agrees with twelveandnine

    ReplyDelete
  4. regular showerhead is back on.

    ReplyDelete