Monday, September 28, 2009

8 ways to give a shit (rated PG-13)


I've been bombarded by shit lately! In my email, on facebook, and on tv, I have heard some new and funny ways to use the word "Shit". COmbined with some old favorites, here are 8 ways you can use "shit" to add some pizzazz to your conversations. (unless you are a seventh grader.)

* Shit on a shingle- It's what's for dinner. In my mother's family, this was creamed tuna on toast, but I think more traditionally, it's creamed beef on toast. My grandmother probably made it on Fridays. So appetizing!

* Shit sandwich- Not nearly as enticing as the above S.O.S., a shit sandwich is the lesser of two evils. "I'd rather eat a shit sandwich than listen to Dick Cheney explain how the Vice President of the United States is not part of the executive branch"

* Shitpile- a unit of measurement, ususally used for solid items: I have a shitpile of laundry to do.

* Shitload- larger than a shitpile. I think you could fit two or three shitpiles into a shitload. One would be better off taking a shitload of laundry to the laundromat and getting it all done in one day.

* Shithead- We all know shitheads, sometimes we all act like shitheads, but nothing is as funny as picturing a shithead.

* Shitfaced- I don't know the origins of this cute colloquialism, but I surely have been shitfaced a time or two. I think shitfaced is when you promise God you will never drink again if only he would help you vomit.

* Shit storm- A person who surrounds herself with a lot of drama might be said to be in the midst of a shit storm of emotion.

And, finally, my favorite:

* Shit show- An ugly display, poor behavior, a spectacle. You might be treated to a shit show in the bleachers at a Little League game.

3 comments:

  1. I have never heard of a 'shit show' before, but I recognize it. High school students are particularly brilliant at this type of production. I remember once.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My personal favorite "oh for shits sake" the pg13 version of your grandmother's favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's almost as good as "I'll be dipped in shit!"

    ReplyDelete