Friday, September 18, 2009

Cheater Pants

Tonight, I am tired, I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow, and I am not feeling creative, inspired, or funny. I was going to cut and paste a great article I read yesterday, but I see that it says "All rights reserved" at the bottome, so that probably means the right to cut and paste is reserved. So, here is a link.

The article is titled "9 tips to be a better communicator", and it has some very practical specific strategies one can use if one has difficulty picking up on non verbal cues, or is just not very good at conversation. For instance, I intuitively know that everything that comes after "I should" in a sentence describes something that the speaker finds difficult or unpleasant, (I should do the dishes, I should lose weight)but I never realized it until I read it in this article.

So, if you are the kind of person that doesn't always catch the nuances of conversation, check the article out. Maybe you aren't aware that you are missing volumes that go unspoken- click the link and read the article, just to humor me. Someone went to a lot of trouble to write it, it may as well be read.

1 comment:

  1. Good tips. I like how it was recommended that questions be asked. I think so many people don't ask questions, even if it's to clarify a statement they heard. This is how misunderstandings get started.

    I'm a question asker and I'm not ashamed of it at all.

    ReplyDelete