Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Let the Meetings Begin!

Now that school has started, the meetings have begun in earnest. Tonight was the first of three this week- a Girl Scout adult volunteer meeting. Usually, these meetings are a real snooze, but since we have major changes this year, tonight was at least interesting in the sense that it was amazing how disorganized and incompetent the organization is showing itself to be. Thank goodness I am only in this for the girls, because if I were in it for any type of personal enrichment, I would be sorely disappointed.
Tomorrow, I am hosting an ESA meeting here at my home. That should be somewhat better, at least I can drink.
And Friday, we will have the first girl scout meeting of the year, which I genuinely am looking forward to. I love seeing the girls after the summer, how they have grown and changed and matured. We are going to have a lot of fun this year.

1 comment:

  1. What about the school board meetings, the PTA meetings, the soccer assn. meetings, the neighborhood improvement meetings, the local young Republicans, the Proud Owners of Large Dogs United (POLDU? If you are home one night a week, you are obviously not a caring Mom.

    ReplyDelete