Monday, September 14, 2009

I am a conspiracy theorist.

I watched the VMAs last night, and was reminded why I don't watch much television. I think it's all made-up- which would be just fine if it didn't pretend it were real.

I think the Kanye West/ Taylor Swift incident was staged, and here is why:

1. What the hell was Kanye West doing at the VMAs, anyway? Although nominated, he was not a winner, and I am certain that the winners know in advance that they have won. Therefore, Kanye knew he wasn't going to collect any awards. He was not a presenter, and he did not perform. Are we to believe that Kanye West showed up to the VMAs to sit in the audience? I don't buy it. He was there to make news.

2. Taylor Swift paused to while he came on stage. Then, she did not try to resume her speech.

3. At the end of the show, Beyonce won the best video of the year award. Taylor Swift was backstage, in a new dress, with a mic, waiting for Beyonce to call her out. *People magazine reported that Beyonce's dad and Taylor's mom made arrangements for Taylor to finish her speech at the end of the show, when Beyonce should have been accepting her award* If this is true, it confirms that the winners know who they are. If it's not true, it confirms another larger conspiracy theory of mine, which is that People magazine, and other publications of its ilk, are all "in on it", too. That's a conspiracy theory for next week.

4. If these "dramatic moments" didn't happen on MTVs award shoes, who would watch them? Neither a VMA nor a MTV Movie Award are prestigious. MTV needs the buzz.

3 comments:

  1. I think you may be right. I recorded the VMAs tonight just to watch it and will agree with you completely after I watch it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think KW (I won't even use his full name) was somewhat interesting a few years ago - but he has used up his 15 minutes of fame and is now just another drunken fool.

    Taylor's red dress was much prettier than her long silver sack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Kaycee should have stopped at 2 glasses of wine this time. ;)

    ReplyDelete