Thursday, September 3, 2009

Oregon's football uniforms are UGLY.

Tonight, the college football season began, a harbinger of fall. Oregon opened their season at Boise State, on the smurf turf. Full Disclosure: We are Beaver Believers... but honestly, not Duck haters. We generally root for both teams except in the civil war.

Oregon has a rich history of ugly uniforms. I suspect that they think, since they have an "in" at Nike, that their uniforms are "sick", and the rest of us just don't appreciate them yet because of our retarded sense of gridiron fashion. Scratch that- I don't suspect it, I know it. Each year, the uniforms are unveiled to much fanfare and media hoopla. Nike and the UO Athletic department tell us about new, high-tech materials (this year, the D-rings on the pants are titanium, not steel)
and modern design options-all fashioned for optimal football performance.

This year, the players have 5 jerseys, 4 helmets and 4 pants options... 80 possible combinations. for 16 games. All 80 are ugly. But any that involve that yellow jersey are particularly heinous.

They can't fool me. Those uniforms are u-g-l-y and they don't got no alibi. Wings? Nike says they aren't just decorative, they are abrasion-resistant. So they are slippery wings.

Look at the numbers. Don't they look like they were put on with colored duct tape? They are made of some special material, much lighter than the usual sewn-on numerals. In this case- lighter equals uglier.

Listen, I wish Oregon all the luck this year. I hope they do well and take second in the Pac10. But, man, those uniforms are ugly.

4 comments:

  1. Apparently, there's a really fine line between innovation and fashion faux pas. I think they crossed the line and left innovation behind.

    It's better than the uniforms that had the screen printed stamped aluminum pattern that you normally see on those 'genetic compensation' trucks that some guys drive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything in this way before. So nice to find somebody with a few original applying for grants this subject. realy appreciate starting this up. this excellent website is something that is required on the net, a person with some originality. helpful work for bringing something totally new on the world wide web! messi autism

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I simply would like to give you a large thumbs up with the great information you could have here on this post. I’ll be returning to your site to get more detailed soon. stylish football player

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi there and thank you for your info – I have certainly picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical points using this site, since I experienced to reload the website lots of times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK? Not that I’m complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and could damage your quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I’m adding this RSS to my e-mail and could look out for much more of your respective intriguing content. Ensure that you update this again soon.. stylish soccer players

    ReplyDelete