Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Banner Day


huh- huh get it? Banner?

Today, the band students who couldn't find an excuse not to marched in the Tangent Harvest Festival parade. This may have been the cutest darned parade I have ever seen. There were about 8 entries- the harley club, the PTA, the cub scouts, a carpet cleaner, some vintage John Deeres, the fire department, the band, and three or four collector cars. The parade past my first location in about 4 minutes, so I just picked up my chair, moved it down the street, waited for the parade to come around the block, and watched the whole thing over again. I repeated this another two times, and we were still HOME one hour after the parade began.

Then we were off to soccer. Madison's team won, 5-1. I was so proud of the way Madison hustled. Her team showed a lot of great teamwork and a positive overall attitude. Maybe that's because they won, I guess time will tell.

Then it was my turn to ref, and I did a bad job, but not game-changing bad. I made a couple bonehead mistakes, but I corrected them right away, so I guess all's well that ends well.
Except that it didn't end completely well- as I was walking from the pitch to my car, after running around for 5 hours in the 90 degree weather, I realized I was too hot. WAY too hot. I was weak and nauseaous and tingly. I made it home okay, and finally got cooled down after an hour or so. What a yucky feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment