Saturday, September 5, 2009

Cheap Wine report


There are so many ways that I love Grocery Outlet, but I think my favorite thing about G.O. is the wine department. I am able to try a lot of different wines for $2 to $4 per bottle. Yes, $2 per bottle. Tonight, I bought my favorite yet, and I thought I should share... although I am reluctant to let the secret out. The last two times I have bought good wine and gone back for more, it was all sold out.
I am talking about Three Winemakers White Rabbit, for which I paid $2.99. (according to Google, it regularly sells for $12.99) Red Haze is pictured above, which I have not tried. Both wines are made from a blend of grapes. White Rabbit promised melon and pineapple flavor, and did it ever deliver. There's also a nice spicy oak note in there. This is by far my favorite cheap wine so far. Here is my completely made-up wine rating system.

Cool label: 4/5

Taste: 5/5

Catchy name: 4/5

Price: 4/5 ( I couldn't give this a 5 because GO sells wine for $1.99 a bottle, too)

So White Rabbit gets 17/20. It could only have been better if the name had a catchy double entendre, if it were $1.99, and if the label were...I don't know, a little more appealing to me.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, the melon and pineapple would entice me to try this, but otherwise, I'm just not a wine drinker.

    I don't know how to become one besides suffer through glass after glass until my mouth becomes numb from the taste. Or until I acquire a taste for it.

    ReplyDelete