Sunday, September 13, 2009

Things I learned this week- Harvest Festival Edition


So as I mentioned yesterday, we went to the Tangent Harvest Festival parade. Here are some photos.

Here is the first half of the parade:
And here is the second half:
Cute, huh? Once they rounded the corner, they went around the block and started to spread out a little. Maybe they got tired from walking and pedaling around the block?
Anyway, I was glad because it made the parade last longer, and it gave me a chance to photograph each entry seperately.
For instance, the Tangent Parent-Teacher Club. With Bicycle Jesus!And, all the Cub Scouts in Tangent:

And finally, the American Hero Carpet Cleaning Company:

One hundred percent pure American Awesome.
Here are some other things I learned this week:

* I listened to a great podcast- the first chapter of This is Where I Leave You by Johnathan Tropper, and it was really good.

* I learned that I can download audiobooks for free, from my computer, through my library. You can, too. I listened to Barrel Fever by David Sedaris, read by the author and his amazingly talented sister Amy.

* I learned that I am getting long in the tooth. I watched the MTV VMA awards, and I don't understand the music these days. Lady Gaga, I'm not impressed with your fashion attention whoring, and neither are Liberace, Elton John, or even Bjork for that matter.

2 comments:

  1. The best part about these small town parades are that this is the big time for some of these kids. They just love being in the parades. Jack and Mazie have been in a couple here in Milton and a few others and it's really provided some good memories for them.

    I'm sorry, but the Captain America looks more dorky than he probably perceives himself to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that Captain America is thinking " I am sure glad no one is going to take my picture and post it on a blog!"

    ReplyDelete