Friday, September 11, 2009

I prepare to return to the scene of the crime

Big weekend coming up. Girl Scouts started tonight, and it went well, except one girl had pretty impressive body odor, and she has taken to wearing studded collars over the summer. Awesome.

Tomorrow, Madison will be marching in the Tangent Harvest Festival Parade. Tangent is a teeny bedroom community south of Albany. The parade should lat about 40 minutes, I am told... and, for once, I am going to sit down and watch, and maybe shoot some video.
The band will once again be playing Land of 1000 dances, and Madison will be playing her newly repaired, refurbished clarinet.

Then, we hit the soccer pitch. Madison has a game which I will side-ref, and then, I am to be the center ref in a match of girls in the 10-12 division, which is a new division this year. They play for an hour on a full size field! I predict I will fall over in the fourth period from oldness.
I am really nervous about this game- the last time I ref'd at Soccerfest, it did not go well- I blew a game changing call. My plan is to keep my whistle in my pocket and let them play. No blood, no foul.

No comments:

Post a Comment